Problem diplaying PostGIS layer. Postgres and Mapserver have been setup on separate Machines

Jacob Delfos jacob.delfos at MAUNSELL.COM
Wed Apr 20 20:12:16 EDT 2005

Mandar,

I'm by no means an expert, but you mentioned you have postgres and mapserver on separate machines. Yet in your data statement, you use "localhost" as a host. "Localhost" means it tries to access PostGIS on the same machine as where mapserver sits. I don't think that will work.

If you want to use variable IP, you will need to use the IP-name to have the machines access eachother. If they're on the same network, just the machine name will do (e.g. pc100).

regards,

Jacob

From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On Behalf Of Mandar sarlashkar
Sent: 21 April 2005 03:10
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Problem diplaying PostGIS layer. Postgres and Mapserver have been setup on separate Machines

Thank you Mr. Giridhar and Shashi.

Before I check the things that you have asked me to... I would like to ask one thing...

The machines on which Mapserver and Postgres are running, are in the same network but the IP Adds are not static. Is it the problem ? Does Postgres  denies access because the machine on which it is running has non-static IP add. ?

Thank you.

Bye for now

http://mail.yahoo.com