Version 4.4.1 dependency and/or linux platform dependency?

Brian Davis bdavis at USGS.GOV
Thu Apr 21 11:28:39 EDT 2005

Frank,

Thanks for your reply.
Yes, you understood my problem correctly.
Now, I am trying to understand your response .....
I AM making wms requests, and if I understand your comments correctly,
I have to "pre-adjust my bounding box to match the aspect ratio
of the image size" .... not sure what this means ......

To avoid this, do I add an entry to my map file like:
CONFIG MS_NONSQUARE NO
or
CONFIG MS_NONSQUARE FALSE
?
Or, do I really have to resize the browser display area each
time I select a new area of new x/y shape?

The original image dimensions, on which I am zooming on, are
10020 x 5010.

In my map file, I have an entry for
SIZE 500 250
and corresponding width and height specifications in my url call to mapserv.

I added the
CONFIG MS_NONSQUARE NO
entry to the map file, with no effect.
I usually assume it is always my fault, so I am not ready to blame
mapserver yet.  Any hints you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Maybe I can tar up my entire web site, send it to you, go on vacation,
have you fix everything while I'm gone, then take credit for it when
I get back?????!!!!!! :)

Brian.

warmerdam at pobox.com