PHP/MapScript doesn't show the map

Gambin Dejan Dejan.Gambin at PULA.HR
Fri Apr 22 03:36:11 EDT 2005

Hello,

After installing mapserver version 4.4 on Debian Linux, I have enabled
php/mapscript following the instructions on how to enable .phtml files
to be processed by cgi php executable. Everything seems to work fine, I
can successfully load php_mapscript.so and opening
phpinfo_mapscript.phtml gives me phpinfo with mapscript showed. Then I
have tried to open test_draw_map.phtml. I was using test.map from
mapscript examples. I have tried the simplest phtml page:

dl("php_mapscript.so");
$map = ms_newMapObj("/var/www/mapserver/tests/test.map");
print $map->numlayers;

...and I got an empty page that does not show the number of layers.
There is nothing in apache error log and no php error log (php error
logging is enabled in php.ini).

What can be the problem?

p.s. Yesterday I had problems in starting php/mapscript application and
I got "Premature end of script headers: /usr/lib/cgi-bin/php"

Thanks very much

Dejan Gambin