Newbie problems

Micallef, Michael (MTO) Michael.Micallef at MTO.GOV.ON.CA
Fri Apr 22 13:45:48 EDT 2005

I am trying out the Chameleon examples - trying to add a polygon shape file
to one of the existing map files through Mapedit.

When testing the map file through the sample apps or mapbrower:

I keep getting either a X in the upper left of the map window or if I move
away from the area in the map that the data I added is, the map draws. but a
soon as I move towards it I get the X box again.

The shape file is in UTM different from the map but I specified the
projection information in maplab?

Any suggestions on where to start?
mike