MapServer job available in NYC

Matthew Haines matthew at PROPERTYRESEARCHPARTNERS.COM
Fri Apr 22 21:30:29 EDT 2005

My company is looking to hire a full time MapServer programmer to work
on our web site, propertyshark.com.  We are a Linux/Perl/Python shop and
we also do a lot of Javascript programming.  (We launched our
interactive map several months before Google did.)  We will consider
candidates at all levels of experience and will pay competitively
according to experience and skills.

The core skills for this job:
1)  Be able to write .map files
2)  Be able to design useful and nice looking maps and legends
3)  Be able to write batch scripts (Perl, Python, Linux shell, etc) to
drive shp2img to generate map tiles
4)  Be able to use tools such as JUMP to create custom map layers, for
example to draw neighborhood outlines

Skill in the following areas would be very helpful
1)  Perl programming (object oriented)
2)  Python programming
3)  Javascript (DOM, modern browsers)
4)  Experience in real estate or urban planning
5)  Experience in obtaining GIS data sets from US city, county, state,
and/or federal entities

We will consider experienced candidates for telecommuting positions, but
we will give strong preference to candidates who can work in our office
in Williamsburg, Brooklyn (near the L&G subway stops).

You can view our web site at www.propshark.com.  We are an established
company with a positive cash flow; we are not burning venture capital
dollars.

Please send resume and salary requirements to
matthew at propertyresearchpartners.com.

Matthew Haines