Trouble with compiling 4.4.2 under MSVC++

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at GMAIL.COM
Sun Apr 24 10:43:29 EDT 2005

On 4/24/05, Jacob Delfos <jacob.delfos at maunsell.com> wrote:
> Hi Donnie,
>
> I've been compiling mapserver last Friday, and at some stage ran into
> that same error. I *think* I resolved it by doing a clean build (or by
> manually removing all newly created .obj and .lib files). I was using
> the MS SDK's to compile.
>
> If that doesn't solve it, I guess try checking if the path where
> mapserver_i.lib is created, exists in your LIB path (check your LIB path
> settings in the batchfile, if using one. I have had to modify it).

Jacob / Donnie,

The Makefile.vc for MapServer on win32 didn't properly express
the dependencies of the exes on the DLL properly so if something
went wrong linking the DLL you had to manually delete mapserver.lib
to force the right things to get rebuilt.

I have corrected this in 4.5 CVS.

In the meantime, those using 4.4 may have to delete mapserver.lib
to force things to rebuild properly, or do a "nmake /f makefile.vc clean".

Best regards,