Problems with WIN32 Build

Bob Bruce covariance at SHAW.CA
Mon Apr 25 08:47:26 EDT 2005

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 01:12:59 -0400, Frank Warmerdam <fwarmerdam at GMAIL.COM>
wrote:

>On 4/25/05, Bob Bruce <covariance at shaw.ca> wrote:
>> I was just trying to build MapServer on my Windows 2000 system and got the
>> following errors near the end of my build:
>>
>> I see that there was a note in maputil.c that msForceTmpFileBase was added -
>> 2005/02/09 21:51:17  frank - so I don't understand why I am getting an
>> unresolved external reference.
>>
>> I am using Visual Studio .NET 2003 Standard Edition to do this build.
>
>Bob,
>
>Could you be a bit more specific about what version of mapserver
>you are building?  You are sure you don't have the implementation
>of msForceTmpFileBase() in maputil.c?  It seems to be in CVS
>currently.  Any chance you tried to use a mapserver 4.5 mapserv.c
>with 4.4 libraries?
>
>Best regards,
>
>--
>I set the clouds in motion - turn up   | Frank Warmerdam, warmerdam at pobox.com
>light and sound - activate the windows | http://pobox.com/~warmerdam
>and watch the world go round - Rush    | Geospatial Programmer for Rent

Sorry, Frank but in my last email, I should have mentioned that in my
nmake.opt file I have the following lines to point to my MapServer source:

# Set the following to point to the current directory.
MS_BASE =  C:\projects\mapserver_dev

thanks for your help,
                       Bob Bruce