Mac OS Tiger / Gcc4.0 support

William K woklist at CHARTER.NET
Tue Apr 26 12:45:56 EDT 2005

Everything is installed in isolated folders in /usr/local (except for
the pg startupitem), so it shouldn't walk over new Apple stuff.  The 2
parts I can see that might be trouble are Postgres and PHP.

Postgres adds a postgres user to the NetInfo database (if needed), and
adds a line to /etc/hostconfig (if needed).

PHP modifies /etc/httpd/httpd.conf - once with the apxs tool to enable
PHP the standard way, then again to get it to use PHP in the custom
location.

Doesn't look like there should be install problems.  I can't find any
info on which version of Apache is default/included in Tiger.  If it's
2, MapServer probably won't work.  At least PHP-MapScript won't, CGI
mapserv may work.  But the PHP install may have issues.

On Apr 26, 2005, at 9:47 AM, Cameron Rex wrote:

> I've already ordered Tiger and should be getting it before Friday (at
> least
> that is what the Apple Store is saying.) I will test out the binaries
> as
> soon as I can (probably the day I get it). I will report back with any
> problems I have. I've not tried the binaries yet in Panther, because I
> had
> already gone through with all the installation and had no reason to go
> back
> and redo it. Now I just have to wait for Tiger to get here.
>
> Cameron

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Time is an illusion - lunchtime doubly so."

- Ford Prefect