mapogr.cpp compile problem

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at GMAIL.COM
Thu Aug 4 01:07:38 EDT 2005

On 8/3/05, ABE Water Research Account <watergen at ecn.purdue.edu> wrote:
> HI, when I compile map server 3.6.4, it gave this error,

ABE,

Wow, that version is a blast from the past.   Perhaps you should
consider updating.  Version 4.6 is now considered stable.  I
think you will have a hard time getting serious support for a 3.x
version of Mapserver.

> ./libmap.a(mapogr.o): In function `msLoadWKTProjectionString':
> mapogr.cpp:(.text+0xc): undefined reference to
> `OGRSpatialReference::OGRSpatialReference(char const*)'
> mapogr.cpp:(.text+0x1c): undefined reference to

You don't list the full link line or give any indication of the version of
GDAL/OGR installed, but the missing function is from the GDAL/OGR
library.  You need to check that you have a compatible version of
GDAL/OGR installed, and that the link line is properly referencing the
shared library for GDAL/OGR.

Best regards,