[ka-Map-users] AGG ("anti grain graphics") or OpenGL

Thu Aug 4 09:42:39 EDT 2005

I wouldn't say no interest and throw it into the mix...

>>> Stephen Woodbridge <woodbri at swoodbridge.com> 08/04/05 8:02 AM >>>
Steve,

This is great news. Any progress on this front would be great.

It seems that there is little or no interest in investigating OpenGL
that would give us access to hardware acceleration for rendering. This
would be desirable from the point of view that it takes forever to pre
generate all the tiles which is really required for any high bandwidth
operation that is potentially serving 100's of millions of standard map
draws a year which will translate into 10-30 times as many tile serves
per year, but I guess there are not a lot of people with that problem :)

-Steve W.