PHP mapscript and JOINS

Eric Shuman erics at AMERI-TITLE.COM
Fri Aug 5 13:17:33 EDT 2005

OK I am stumped again.

Using PHP mapscript I have gotten some results from a spatial query.  I now
want to create a table showing data from an associated dbf file for the
query results.  What is the best method of joining the query results to a
dbf in PHP?

1. Should I be using a JOIN object in the map file for the layer queried?
If so what is the syntax for accesing the join fields?  (I have only been
able to get the original shapefile values)

2. Should I be using the PHP dbase extension? I'm assuming this might be
slow since I would have to query the dbf for each result from the spatial query.

3.  Am I going to have to delv into PostGIS, and convert all my data into it?

Any guidance would be appreciated!

~Eric