Rendering layers with multiple type of geometries

Tamas Szekeres szekeres.tamas at FREEMAIL.HU
Tue Aug 9 17:23:22 EDT 2005

Some GIS data sources like Mapinfo files may have different kind of
features in the same layer. In my case I have a layer with text and line
features.
If I display this layer with "TYPE ANNOTATION" using LABELITEM and
LABELANGLEITEM mapserver produces an error when reaches the features with
the LINESTRING type.
How can I achieve that mapserver reads only the suitable type of features
for that layer.
I think, that FILTERITEM will not work, because the accessing of the
attributes takes place earlier than the application of the filter (in the
msOGRFileNextShape function).

I would be pleased if anyone could help me how to separate the layer with
multiple geometries without making any offline conversions.

Thanks

Tamas Szekeres