MAPSERVER vs. DEEGREE / LibTiff librar y problems

Norman Barker nbarker at RSINC.COM
Mon Aug 15 07:32:29 EDT 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU]On
Behalf Of Edward Nuttall
Sent: Monday, August 15, 2005 12:02 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] MAPSERVER vs. DEEGREE / LibTiff librar y
problems

Hi all

<snip>

Libtiff not found error:

<snip>

Cheers

Ed

Ed,

if you are just prototyping then use FWTools, http://www.fwtools.org works great, and takes seconds to set up.  If however you need to adjust the source then you need to look at your configure script, and specify  --with-tiff=DIR, if however you are using GDAL, then you shouldn't have to do this, since if GDAL is working then libtiff is as well!

You say in one of your emails, that you are a java nut, well I recently found out that MapServer can be used as an engine within a J2EE environment using the Java SWIG interfaces (thanks Steve Lime).  If this is of interest to you let me know, I would like to investigate this.

Norman