OGR VRT for lines?

Listuser H. listuser at HERZSYS.DE
Mon Aug 15 12:25:20 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I use VRT to create a point layer with x/y coordinates from a table. In the docs
is mentioned that this only works for point data. But what I want to do is to
create a simple line layer from a table with x/y for the startpoint and x/y for
endpoint. I saw in the docs that OGR has a GeometryType wkbLineString.

If it is possible to use this how could the GeometryField definition look like.

Regards,

Norbert