SRS Error in Mapbender

Gail Gail.Millin at MANCHESTER.AC.UK
Wed Aug 17 04:24:34 EDT 2005

Leopold,

first of all: thank you very much for helping me!!
No problem

I tried:
1. changing  "init=epsg:31287" to  "init=epsg:31467" in my map-file ->
nothing changed.
(I think this coult not be right, because my maps are in epsg 31287, only
the German map from an other webserver might be in 31467.)

I see, well if the German map is in epsg 31467 and all the other layers are
in epsg 31287 this could be your problem. How are you requesting that
particular layer? Is it being called from a separate mapfile containing only
that layer? Or are your layers all in the same mapfile?

2. I tried to change the EPSG of the bounding box. I coult only find it in
../php/mod_changeEPSG.php?sessionID to make my epsg available in the
dropdown. -> But also nothing changed.
(Where can I change the setting for the bounding box himself?)

What epsg is the viewer set in at the moment? Is it showing the layers in
lat long? I tried to look myself but the viewer wasn't loading at the time,
I guess you might be working on something.

3. I am sorry, I sended you an old mapserv.dat file. In the attachement is
the new one. I think I could eliminate all the warning-messages.

Well that's one error removed

 - What do you think about the settings of the "init=epsg:31..." and of the
bounding box?
 - Maybe you can tell me your other suggestions, you metioned?

The init=epsg should be the same projection as what the viewer is configured
to be. So if the viewer is configured to show data layers in lat long the
init=epsg 4326

My other suggestion would be to structure your mapfiles in this way.
1)	First have one main mapfile which contains all the layers coming
from your own server
2)	The layers that are being requested from external servers such as
the German layer define in the main mapfile and use CONNECTION in the Layer
object to connect to the external server, rather than requesting the layer
directly from the German mapfile. Therefore in affect you are cascading the
German layer through your own mapfile to ensure that all layers are being
requested with the same epsg settings.

Let me know if that helps at all

Gail

Thx a lot and greatings from Vienna.