Update Mapfile on the fly

Stephan Holl holl at GDF-HANNOVER.DE
Wed Aug 17 04:28:09 EDT 2005

Hello Bernhard,

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 02:50:17 -0500 Bernhard Klingseisen
<bernhard.klingseisen at ALUMNI.FH-KAERNTEN.AT> wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> I'm currently searching for a sol=FAtion of how to update the content
> of a mapservice on the fly. In fact I want to pass features (e.g.
> groundwater sampling sites) to Grass to interpolate a surface and
> send this surface back to the client via mapserver.
>
> Does anyone have an idea of how to manage this?

You could use any mapscript-flavour which updates the data-part of the
layer (or creates another Raster-layer inside the mapfile) according to
the calculated result of GRASS.

Be aware that gdal needs to be compiled with GRASS-Support.

hth
	Stephan

--
GDF Hannover - Solutions for spatial data analysis and remote sensing
Hannover Office      -     Mengendamm 16d      -     D-30177 Hannover
Internet: www.gdf-hannover.de      -      Email: holl at gdf-hannover.de
Phone : ++49-(0)511.39088507       -        Fax: ++49-(0)511.39088508