ASP.NET and mapscript - unable to load DLL

Mike Boos mboos at AUGSIGNALS.COM
Thu Aug 18 14:42:11 EDT 2005

Hello

I'm trying to run Mapscript using the SWIG C# bindings on an ASP.NET
server. I compiled the 4.6.0 version of MapServer and have placed what I
believe to be the appropriate dependencies (mapscript_csharp.dll,
mapscript.dll, libmap.dll, bgd.dll, gdal12.dll, pdflib.dll) in the bin
directory on my server. It is appears to be finding
mapscript_csharp.dll, but is having trouble finding mapscript.dll or one
of its dependencies. I am seeing the following error message:

  Server Error in '/' Application.

    /Unable to load DLL (mapscript)./

* Exception Details: *System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL
(mapscript).

Am I missing a dependency? Or do I need to set some configuration option
or place the files elsewhere?

Thanks!
Mike Boos