a mapserver framework for flexibility

Eduardo Patto Kanegae lists at WEBMAPIT.COM.BR
Sun Aug 21 20:45:11 EDT 2005

Hi folks,

I'm currently looking for a MapServer *framework* to build MapScript
applications inside another application : MamboServer.

Just to clarify, MamboServer ( www.mamboserver.com ) is a free CMS
software written in PHP and have a lot of great features.

Now, we want to integrate MapServer inside Mambo as a mambo component.

I was thinking to use Chameleon as preffered mapping framework, but is
my suggestion right?

Can I  do it? Or chameleon can just work alone? I mean, can I use
Chameleon widgets to load MapFiles,
draw maps but inside another PHP application? ( because, we need to
validate user rights, etc...)

another idea I was thinking about is to develop OGC maps, to be used
with desktop applications (JUMP,uDig,ArcGIS OGC,...)
and also a set of "mirror" maps  using NON-ogc access , to be used by
PHP/MapScript applications. I was thinking in doing
things this way to get some "speed" on web applications. But, is this
really necessary? Or OGC maps should be enough
to feed web MapServer clients and desktop clients?

thanks in advance.

best regards.

--
Eduardo Patto Kanegae