US overview

Jeff Portwine jdport at VERITIME.COM
Mon Aug 22 10:23:30 EDT 2005

I didn't see any responses to Jerl's question, but I'm actually having the
same problem.   I like to use a thick line to indicate state borders, but I
don't like the thick line along the coast of the country.. especially in the
Rhode Island area where there are a lot of small bays and inlets and such,
half the state gets obscured by the border line :-)

Is there any solution to this?  I have seen maps that didn't show state
boundries along the coastline before , but I don't know how it was done.

-Jeff

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jerl Simpson" <jerl.simpso at GMAIL.COM>
To: <MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU>
Sent: Friday, August 19, 2005 11:33 AM
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] US overview

Hello,

I'm looking for a shapefile that outlines each state, but does not
have an outline at the shoreline.  This way I can put up a dotted line
to show state borders, but not have that line running around the
oceans.
Or if someone could tell me how to go about doing this I would greatly
appreciate it.

Thanks,

Jerl