AW: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] attribut values

Leopold Schefcik (MULTIMEDIAPLAN.AT) leopold.schefcik at MULTIMEDIAPLAN.AT
Wed Aug 24 03:16:48 EDT 2005

Hi Travis, thank you for your advice to make a map file for several classes.

I tried to make some for my file of inhabitant-density with two classes >200
and <200. (Mapfile in the Attachement)

But I get the error message 'msDrawMap(): Failed to draw layer named
'Bev_Density' '.

Is it right, that you don't have the line 'CLASSITEM "EWKM2"' in you map
file?

best regards - Leopold

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Travis Kirstine GIS Tech [mailto:tkirstine at jdbarnes.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 23. August 2005 14:32
An: Leopold Schefcik (MULTIMEDIAPLAN.AT)
Betreff: RE: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] attribut values

Leopold
If you are trying to display a layer with several classes you can try
something like this:

	LAYER
		DATA mattamy/road_web
		NAME roads
		METADATA
			DESCRIPTION "Roads"
		END
		TYPE LINE
		STATUS ON
		MAXSCALE 150000
		MINSCALE 40001
		LABELMAXSCALE 120000
		LABELMINSCALE 500
		LABELITEM "STREETNAME"
		CLASS							# HIGHWAYS/MAJOR ROADS
			MAXSCALE 120000
			MINSCALE 500
			EXPRESSION ([RD_CLASS]=1)  #if it is a string ('[FIELD]'='value')
			SYMBOL 1
			COLOR 75 75 75
			SIZE 1
		END