Benchmarking mapserver by simulating visitors

Gambin Dejan Dejan.Gambin at PULA.HR
Wed Aug 24 06:26:23 EDT 2005

Hi,

I am preparing to move my mapserver web site to faster Internet link. I
would like to do some benchmarking that would simulate a number of
simultaneous visitors doing the map actions (zooming, panning,
activating/deactivating layers, querying, etc.) and save the results (I
suppose some bandwidth and time consuming values) somewhere. The thing
is, I would like to analyse the results that would help me decide on
what hardware to buy and especially how much Internet bandwidth to lease
from my ISP.

Is it possible? Any suggestions on how to do it? Do you consider it
valuable?

thanks very much

regards

dejan