php_mapscript - showing polygon and point/annotation layers

Mike Reilly mikereilly2 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Aug 24 15:36:07 EDT 2005

Confirming for posterity that I subsequently tried this again to no avail.
Still getting no symbol drawn on the map, just the label. I also tried with
$currentlayer->set("status",MS_OFF) and then turning selected layers on with
set("status",MS_ON) with no joy.

I wonder if there's something to do with my symbol path that is a problem
when using mapscript that doesn't show up when using cgi-mapserver?