Mike Reilly mikereilly2 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Aug 28 16:21:47 EDT 2005

When calling mapserver to create the map using a template html file,
you use a URL that contains the initial information in ot - namely the
path to the map file itself.  The mapfile contains the path to the
template file and all of the other information mapserver needs to
render the page.

Here's an example of a URL:
http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=c:/ms4w/apache/htdocs/mymaps/test.map&mode=browse

The test.map file would contain a TEMPLATE line in the WEB section as
well as many other basic configuration options.