Highlight Features

robert fritz robert-fritz at WEB.DE
Mon Aug 29 03:28:56 EDT 2005

Hello Rob,

to hilite a single feature you can try this :

- create a new class based on an existing class
- set an expression for this class, something like::

$strExpression = "('[".$DBaseFieldname."]' = '".$ObjectID."')";
- set a style for the new class
- and then move the new class on top

Ex.:

$objLayer = $objMap->getLayerByName($hlLayer);
$objClass0 = $objLayer->getclass(0);
//create a new class based on a existing one::
$objClass1 = ms_newclassobj($objLayer,$objClass0);

$objClass1->setExpression($strExpression);
//create a style object for the new class
$objStyle = $objClass1->getStyle(0);
$objStyle->color->setRGB(255,255,0);
$objStyle->outlinecolor->setRGB(0,0,0);

//move the new class on top
$numClasses = $objLayer->numclasses;
for($i=0;$i<$numClasses;$i++)
{
 $objLayer->moveclassup($numClasses-$i);
}

draw the map
$objImage=$objMap->draw();

Robert

Hello All,Using PHP/Mapscript 4.4. Trying to highlight feature in polygon layer,such as subdivisions. I use: $layer->setFilter(""); $sFilter = "('[subdivname]' = '$sSubDivsion')"; $layer->setFilter($sFilter);PROBLEM: ONLY THAT SPECIFIC FEATURE IS DRAWN. If I use: $sFilter = "('[subdivname]' != '$sSubDivsion')";PROBLEM: ALL FEATURES DRAWN EXCEPT ONE OF INTEREST, WHICH IS OK EXCEPT INPLACES WHERE THE BOUNDARY OF THE FEATURE OF INTEREST HAS NO SURROUNDINGPOLYGONS. WHEN THIS IS THE CASE, THE BOUNDARY OF FEATURE IS NOT SHOWN.QUESTION: HOW DO I DRAW ALL FEATURES WITHIN POLYGON LAYER AND ALSOHIGHLIGHT THE FEATURE(S) OF INTEREST IN A DIFFERENT COLORThanks, Rob