unknown elliptical parameter name

Joanne Mcgraw joanne.mcgraw at SYMPATICO.CA
Wed Aug 31 12:21:12 EDT 2005

Hello everyone,

I have a map with a projection defined in the map file as:

PROJECTION
  "proj=lcc"
  "lat_1=43.83"
  "lat_2=59.17"
  "lon_0=-74"
  "ellps=clrk66"
END

The map displays fine in the browser.

I am writing some code in which I am trying to reproject a point from the
map's projection to lat long. But, in trying to instantiate a new
ProjectionObj to act as input I get the following error:

Fatal error: [MapServer Error]: msProcessProjection(): unknown elliptical
parameter name

The code is:

$szMapProj = $oMap->getProjection();
// at this point, $szMapProj contains this string:
// +proj=lcc +lat_1=43.83 +lat_2=59.17 +lon_0=-74 +ellps=clrk66
$oProjIn = ms_newprojectionobj($szMapProj);

Anyone know what's wrong with 'clrk66'? I think I've seen it used in
examples, but could be wrong there. And, as it's apparently incorrect,
where I can find a list of the the correct identifiers?

cheers,
jtm