drawQuery and SWF OUTPUTFORMAT

José Angel Rodríguez Leyva jar at VILLAZUL.LTU.SLD.CU
Thu Dec 1 11:04:14 EST 2005

Hi,

I'm new in Mapserver for develope user applications based on it. I started
just 2 week ago, and I'm making a flash movie for a website that makes the
most commonly operation used in this kind of application. I'm using SWFs
for output format, so I could load them in my flash movie and use the
mouse events to show contextual information for a given shape.

Almost finishing, I've found a bad surprise when I was trying to get a
query map with the drawQuery() PHPMapscript function in SWF format. After
two hours getting an error, when I saw in Mapserver source code, I
realized that the function does not make SWF images like draw() does. I
though, maybe I could get the list of selected shapes from queryByFeature
and then I could hilite them inside flash script, but I can't identify
them between the others. Is it possible in some way? And, does some one
know a good solution for my main problem? Thanks in advanced.

Greetings

Jose A. R.