Foundation Meeting in Phoenix

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Fri Dec 2 19:32:39 EST 2005

On 12/2/05, Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com> wrote:
> I would add that foundation and MapServer Cheetah naming
> can be discussed at the meeting, though I hope this will not
> dominate the meeting.  Gary and Autodesk are reviewing the
> naming for the MapServer Enterprise product, but we aren't
> intending to dictate anything to them.  I hope folks will give them
> some time to consider their options.  The community has spoken
> more than clearly on this topic.
>
> Autodesk is sponsoring the meeting facilities and is paying travel
> costs for some of us.  They are also bringing in Brian Behlendorf,
> a founder of the Apache Foundation and founder and CTO of
> Collabnet (www.collabnet.net) which helps companies work in the
> open source world.
>
> The meeting is open though there may be limits on the meeting room
> capacity.  Anyone interested in attending, and willing to pay their own
> way should let us know (on the foundation discuss list would be fine)
> so meeting facilities requirements can be accounted for.

Folks,

I spoke out of turn on some of the above suposition, and I would
like to appologise.  I should not have spoken on what Autodesk may
or may not be intending to do.  I will leave it to them to announce
that when they have settled it.

Nevertheless, I do believe a meeting is planned in Phoenix,
even if we end up having to have it in a bar, and I hope a
few additional interested folks will be able to participate.

Best regards,