Conferences and Seminars

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Mon Dec 5 11:50:37 EST 2005

Chip Taylor wrote:
> I am fairly new to GIS as is my company.  I am trying to budget ahead
> for 2006 and wondered if there are any good conferences or seminars for
> Open Source GIS and/or Mapserver in the US or Canada.  I have only been
> able to locate information concerning ones past on the Internet.
> Dates/Locations would be very helpful.

The 4th MapServer Users Meeting is the main event in 2006 for MapServer
and will take place in Lausanne, Switzerland in September 2006
(http://foss4g2006.org/). I'm not aware of any other major
MapServer-related conference in 2006, but depending on where you are
located, there may be local groups that will meet less formally a few
times in the year, I know of the Ottawa MapServer Users Group
(http://omsug.ca/about_omsug.html), I believe there is a group in BC as
well, and there must be a few others in the US as well.

Daniel
  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca