SRS - layer with two valid EPSGcodes

Stefanie Weykam sweykam at TELELINE.ES
Tue Dec 6 19:20:20 EST 2005

Ok, perhaps I did not explain my case correctly:
The mesh is supposed to fit always to strait coordinates, lets say Y:
4.500.000 and then the next line would lay on 4.550.000 and so on...
This is an artificial grid, witch should pass through the same coordinates
even when the geodetic datum changes (of course, we would keep the same UTM
time zone).

I have tested this by drawing a point on top of the map before and then
again after the proyection change. The epsg codes I am trying out are:

# ED50 / UTM zone 30N
<23030> +proj=utm +zone=30 +ellps=intl +units=m +no_defs  no_defs <>

# ED50 / UTM zone 30N Espana y Portugal - not official
<230301> +proj=utm +zone=30 +ellps=intl +towgs84=-84,-107,-120,0,0,0,0
+units=m +no_defs no_defs <>

# ETRS89 / UTM zone 30N
<25830> +proj=utm +zone=30 +ellps=GRS80 +units=m +no_defs  no_defs <>

# WGS 84 / UTM zone 30N
<32630> +proj=utm +zone=30 +ellps=WGS84 +datum=WGS84 +units=m +no_defs
no_defs <>

The only way to get the point always on the grid is by not defining the
projection at layer level (so that it is taken for the same projection as
the web object).

If I specify any of these 4 epsg codes at layer level, I get different
results: With either ETRS89 or WGS84 I get a perfect fit as long as I only
change projections among these two. But with any of the other two
projections with ellipsoid International I get shifts of some 300m, and they
are different.

Perhaps a reprojection problem? It seems odd such a high error.

Stefanie