Querying and labeling a WFS layer in Mapserver WFS client

Bart van den Eijnden BEN at SYNCERA-ITSOLUTIONS.NL
Thu Dec 8 12:15:32 EST 2005

For ogrinfo you have to do something like:

ogrinfo thefile.gml myns:xxxlayer -summary

It seems to me the property names include the namespace, so you should use the full names in LABELITEM etc. Did you try that?

Best regards,
Bart

Bart van den Eijnden
Syncera IT Solutions
Postbus 270
2600 AG  DELFT

tel.nr.: 015-7512436
email: BEN at Syncera-ITSolutions.nl
On 12/8/05, Bart van den Eijnden <BEN at syncera-itsolutions.nl> wrote:

> I haven't tried this myself but maybe you need to include the namespace in
> front of the column name, so myns:XXX_ID.
>
> What does ogrinfo report on your gml file? What are the names of the
> attributes when you check the summary with ogrinfo?

Bart, thank you for a good starting point:

the  .gfs file is plain (perhaps too much :-):

<GMLFeatureClassList>
  <GMLFeatureClass>
    <Name>myns:xxxlayer</Name>
    <ElementPath>myns:xxxlayer</ElementPath>
    <DatasetSpecificInfo>
      <FeatureCount>100</FeatureCount>
      <ExtentXMin>386550.00000</ExtentXMin>
      <ExtentXMax>615920.00000</ExtentXMax>
      <ExtentYMin>35030.00000</ExtentYMin>
      <ExtentYMax>186900.00000</ExtentYMax>
    </DatasetSpecificInfo>
    <PropertyDefn>
      <Name>myns:XXX_ID</Name>
      <ElementPath>myns:XXX_ID</ElementPath>
      <Type>Integer</Type>
    </PropertyDefn>
  </GMLFeatureClass>
</GMLFeatureClassList>

The ogrinfo output of the .gml is even more plain (so there is clearly
something wrong):

1. myns:xxxlayer

The EPSG ows_metadata keyword is defined on the map level and present in the
.gml file, but not spit out in .gfs file (should it be?).

So much for now,

BR

frequens