QueryMap application problem

Thu Dec 8 13:41:22 EST 2005

There's actually a demo of this type of functionallity on my DNR test suite:

  http://maps.dnr.state.mn.us/mapserver_demos/tests46/

The "Simple point queries (mode=query), with pan/zoom" example shows one
may to make a query persistant. The key in this example is run-time substitution
in the mapfile. This example just uses the query result to re-initialize the application
with the right county selected but the same technique can used in other situations
too. With simple result sets this works nicely. For complex result sets then cached
queries can be useful.

I don't believe WMS has provisions for query maps. MapServer WMS does allow
for run-time variable substitution though.

Steve

>>> Taka Wong <taka_www at SINAMAN.COM> 12/08/05 5:53 AM >>>
Hi,

I am developing a web base application where we can see a building layer on
the screen (Image is generated by WMS). User can click on the these
buildings to see its information. Ok, I found an example (mapserver_demos)
which performing these functions and working fine. Now, Base on this demo I
have customized into my application.

However, I have faced some problem. Suppose I have selected a particular
building, it should be highlighted, this image I can found in "tmp" folder,
but it does not replaced the original one. How can I do that?

I have tried to hard code replace the original image. But the next problem
is. Once I use some map function like zooming, moving. The image cannot be
used anymore.

Does anybody implemented these application before? Can you give me some
advice?

Thank you very much
Taka Wong