Possibility check

Jørn Vegard Røsnes jorn at SPACETEC.NO
Fri Dec 9 03:31:19 EST 2005

Hi all,

I've done some basic WMS client and shapefile (converted from CSV files)
integrations with MapServer, but I will soon try to do some more advanced
integrations, this includes the following steps/content:

1. CSV files with metadata (time and area) from a satellite images catalogue
2. Convert this to PostGIS SQL with a shell/Perl script and insert into
PostGIS DB
3. Use MapServer and SQL statements to:
 3.1 visualize statistics for the satellite images, typical frequency/number
of images for a given timeperiod and area
 3.2 extract images that are (full and/or partly) covering  land

Especially for 3.1 and 3.2, could some expert users give advice/possibility
check, please?

Best Regards
Joern Vegard Roesnes
www.spacetec.no