WMS doesn't show maps

luca marletta lucamarle at GMAIL.COM
Mon Dec 12 02:55:32 EST 2005

Thanks Bart for your reply.
On 12/12/05, Eijnden, B. van den (Bart) <b.vdeijnden at agi.rws.minvenw.nl> wrote:
> Can you post one of your LAYER definitions?

here an example
LAYER
	NAME "fotogrammetrico"
	STATUS ON
	TILEINDEX "/var/www/pmapper/comalo/fotogrammetrico.shp"
	TILEITEM "Location"
	TYPE RASTER
	MAXSCALE 3003
	MINSCALE 499
	METADATA
		"DESCRIPTION"   "Fotogrammetrico 1:2.000|Fotogrammetrico
1:2.000|Fotogrammetrico 1:2.000"
	END
	CLASS
		NAME "Fotogrammetrico 1:2.000"
	END
END

> Also
> 1) check your WMS GetCapabilities response
> (&service=WMS&version=1.1.1&request=GetCapabilities).

If I do the request above in browser I get "mapserv" downloaded and in
Jump it gives "description not provided" error.

> 2) the request you try is not a full WMS request, it misses things like SRS
> and BBOX.

could you give an example of what I miss in .map as you suggested ere above?

Really thanks Bart.

luca

--
luca marletta