Little Help - C#

Ian Erickson ierickson at ANALYGIS.COM
Wed Dec 14 22:13:39 EST 2005

Alright,

I've compiled a working version of the mapscript_csharp assembly and
everything seems to be working fine.  I can load, enumerate the layers,
and save a copy of the image to the file system.  However, I need to add
a point to a dynamically created layer (all of this mind you in C#).
Here's what I've got:

        mapObj m_obj = new mapObj(@"C:\base.map");

        layerObj layer = new layerObj(m_obj);
        layer.name = "PointLayer";
        layer.type = MS_LAYER_TYPE.MS_LAYER_POINT;
        layer.setProjection("init=epsg:4326");
        layer.status = 1;

        classObj c = new classObj(layer);
        c.label.type = MS_FONT_TYPE.MS_TRUETYPE;
        c.label.font = "arial";
        c.label.size = 7;
        c.label.color.setRGB(0, 0, 0);
        c.label.outlinecolor.setRGB(255, 255, 255);

        styleObj style = new styleObj(c);
        style.symbolname = "circle";
        style.size = 14;
        style.color.setRGB(0, 255, 0);
        style.outlinecolor.setRGB(0, 0, 0);

        Console.WriteLine ("# Map layers " + m_obj.numlayers + "; Map
name = " + m_obj.name);
        for (int i=0; i<m_obj.numlayers; i++)
        {
            Console.WriteLine("Layer [" + i + "] name: " +
m_obj.getLayer(i).name);
        }

        imageObj i_obj = m_obj.draw();

        pointObj p = new pointObj(-111.4752, 33.377321, 0.0, 0.0);

        lineObj l = new lineObj();
        l.add(p);

        shapeObj s = new shapeObj(0);
        s.add(l);
        s.text = "TEXT";

        layer.addFeature(s);

        p.draw(m_obj, layer, i_obj, 0, "TEXT");

        s.Dispose();
        l.Dispose();
        p.Dispose();

        Console.ReadLine();

As I mentioned, the assembly is creating the appropriate file, and
everything seems to be working - with the exception of creating a point
symbol on the new layer.  No exceptions are thrown so I must be missing
something crucial.  If anyone can provide some hints, I'd be grateful!

--
Ian Erickson
AnalyGIS, LLC