Foundation and Mapserver MAP file manag e tool

Jeroen Ticheler Jeroen.Ticheler at FAO.ORG
Thu Dec 15 06:19:03 EST 2005

Fully support this! I'm also looking for a DTD/schema that can
produce valid Map files.

MapServer may have to be modified in some parts to make sure it is
consistent throughout when running map services based on files
created by the schema.

Also OGC specific parts have to be included in such schema to make
sure we can quickly generate valid map files with OGC WMS/WCS and WFS
support.

I would like to use such such schema to create XSL transformations of
metadata (ISO19115) stored in GeoNetwork opensource to generate map
files for data producing OGC services (even on the fly).

I would also use it to do XSL transformations of AXL documents I
export from ArcMap using the MXD2AXL I developed to create map files
straight out of ArcMap.

Ciao,
Jeroen