Foundation and Mapserver MAP file manag e tool

Dean Gadoury dgadoury at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Thu Dec 15 13:41:47 EST 2005

I don't think there is any relationship between ugly maps and editing
tools. You can produce an ugly map just as easily with the best WYSIWYG
tool as with a text editor. You can also produce a beautiful map with
either. As long as the styling parameters that are available in
MapServer are preserved it should be fine to use either. That said, I
would hate to see us ever lose the text file based map file because for
the experienced user it can still be the fastest and most comfortable
editing environment.
Dean