EPSG Code for Lambert Azimuthal Equal-area

Van Ulden, Joost jvanulde at NRCAN.GC.CA
Thu Dec 15 17:42:22 EST 2005

Hello all,

I am having some difficulty with a projection definition.  I am trying to
add a new epsg code for the following projection:

Lambert Azimuthal Equal-area
Units meters
False Easting 0
False Northing 0
Central Meridian 20
Latitude of Origin 5
Datum WGS 84

Can someone please point me in the right direction?  I have tried various
permutations of:

# Lambert Azimuthal Equal-area
<32767> +proj=laea +lat_0=5 +lon_0=20 +x_0=0 +y_0=0 +ellps=WGS84
+datum=WGS84 +units=m +no_defs  no_defs <>

Thank you in advance,

Joost van Ulden
Programmer/Analyst
Natural Resources Canada / Resources naturelles Canada Geological Survey of
Canada / Commission geologique du Canada
101 - 605 Robson Street / 101 - 605 rue Robson Vancouver, B.C. / Vancouver
(C.B.) V6B 5J3
Office/Bureau: 604.666.7525
fax/telecopieur: 604.666.1124
jvanulde at nrcan.gc.ca