Generating images only

Brian Peschel brianp at OCCINC.COM
Fri Dec 16 16:49:54 EST 2005

I have an application that needs to display a map image.  I was thinking of
using MapServer to generate that image for me.  I have worked through the
O'Reilly book and most of the tutorial and I stumbled across a question
which I am sure is answered somewhere, but I didn't find it searching
through the online documentation at http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu

1) Is there a way to generate just the image?  I don't want all the
surrounding web page (ie the global.html file) just the image.  My
appliction will handle all the zooming, hull size, etc.  Is there a
parameter to the CGI to say just generate the image and not the HTML?  I am
dealing with an applet and would like to skip the step of reading the HTML
to get the image info and make a second request for the image.

2) Is there documentation for the various *Script interfaces?  I have some
interest in using MapServer inside a C++ application, again, just to
generate the images displayed.

Thanks in advance.

Brian