Generating images only

Fri Dec 16 17:35:44 EST 2005

And mode=map. Actually any map component can be gotten through the CGI using a specific mode.
For maps you'd just want something like:

  http://your.server.com/cgi-bin/mapserver?map=/path/to/your/mapfile.map&mode=map

Of course you can alter where, what and even how things are displayed with additional parameters.

Steve

Brian Peschel wrote:

>I have an application that needs to display a map image.  I was thinking of
>using MapServer to generate that image for me.  I have worked through the
>O'Reilly book and most of the tutorial and I stumbled across a question
>which I am sure is answered somewhere, but I didn't find it searching
>through the online documentation at http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu
>
>1) Is there a way to generate just the image?  I don't want all the
>surrounding web page (ie the global.html file) just the image.  My
>appliction will handle all the zooming, hull size, etc.  Is there a
>parameter to the CGI to say just generate the image and not the HTML?  I am
>dealing with an applet and would like to skip the step of reading the HTML
>to get the image info and make a second request for the image.

Look into using the CGI version of the MapServer.

bobb