How to Install on SunOS 5.8 ?

John jkim at SCIENCES.SDSU.EDU
Fri Dec 16 23:00:06 EST 2005

Can someone outline for me how to install Mapserver on SunOS 5.8? I need to
ask/persuade the sysadmin to install it for me, and would like to offer an
outline to help him out. I've installed it and used it on my own Windows pc
but I don't know how to do it on Solaris, nor do I have root privilege on
that machine. I remember that for Windows it wasn't too simple, even though
I installed precompiled binaries -- I needed to make sure several other
software packages were on it. I suspect it's similarly complicated for
SunOS.

Thank you very much.

John