buffer around vector features

Lowell.Filak lfilak at MEDINACO.ORG
Mon Dec 19 09:38:08 EST 2005

William,

Steve has probably solved your problem but if needed here is a quick Perl
example that was created to test 4.6.1 is:

#
# Open the specified shapefile.
$shapefile = new mapscript::shapefileObj($file, -1) or die "Unable to open
shapefile $file";
#
# Place the nth shape into the shape object for analysis.
$shapefile->get($i, $shape);
#
# Take the existing shape and buffer it.
$geosbuff = $shape->buffer($buffit);
#
# Set the bounds of the new shape.
$geosbuff->setBounds();
#
# Now operate using the new buffered shape.
# Including queryByShape( mapObj map, shapeObj shape )
$result = $layer->queryByShape($map, $geosbuff)
#
# ...

HTH

Lowell