TIN (Triangular Irregular Network) files and MapServer

Paul Ramsey pramsey at REFRACTIONS.NET
Mon Dec 19 14:15:27 EST 2005

Chip,

TIN is a data structure, not a file type.  Different GIS vendors
encode TIN data structures in file formats in different ways, just as
they encode simple feature data structures in file formats in
different ways.  In general, Mapserver does not support any specific
TIN file types.  As Gerry indicates in his email, if you convert your
TIN into a simple features structure (edges, or faces) in a format
Mapserver supports (Shape, PostGIS, etc) then everything procedes as
normal.

Paul