gif highway shield transparency issues

Tue Dec 20 22:59:28 EST 2005

Try reverting to IMAGETYPE 'png24' and add the line TRANSPARENCY ALPHA to the image with the shield markers and see what happens.

Steve

>>> "Clever, Max" <Maxc at SPICERGROUP.COM> 12/20/05 5:45 PM >>>
Hi Steve,

it was transparent and did work when I set the imagetype to GIF in the mapfile.  This made the rest of my aerial photos lose a lot of visual quality but did make my GIF transparent.  I previously had the Imagetype set to png24 because it displays my aerials really well.  Unless I can get the GIF to be transparent in png24 I don't think I want to switch to the GIF setting just for one symbol.  I have attached my highway shield gif.  I hope you can still help.