[MSF-Discuss] Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Autodesk product naming poll

Sean Gillies sgillies at FRII.COM
Fri Dec 23 19:52:03 EST 2005

Gary,

I simply think that trying to rename the MapServer project is detrimental
to the project, and I've really appreciated that you're more sensitive to
this than most of the open letter signers. I'm not in love with the name
MapServer by any means, but it would best be left unchanged both for the
health of the project and to provide some continuity from the existing
MapServer community. Frankly, I don't care what the foundation is named so
long as it doesn't trample on any other open source project or foundation.

cheers,
Sean