calculating extents with mapscript

Gail Long codeburg at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Dec 23 21:07:57 EST 2005

Hi all,

I'm working in phpmapscript and doing a very simple web app that will allow
searches by attribute to return a feature from a shape file (.shp).  I have
it so that when querybyattribute is run it returns an exact match for the
attribute string entered in a form and then zooms to the appropriate
location.

I'm getting the correct extents for the feature by using:

$extents = $shape->bounds;

and getting the rectObj.

What I need to know is how to get the bounds or rectangle if there is more
than one attribute returned in the results set because the user entered a
substring or partial match rather than an exact match.  I need to handle
both cases.

Any examples would be great!

Thanks in advance.

--
Things are only difficult while you don't understand them.