projection s57 maps
Peter Huis in 't Veld
peterh at IVS90.NL
Wed Dec 28 10:46:51 EST 2005
I'm exploring the possibilities of mapserver and I'm a bit stuck on the
visiualisation of ENC / s57 maps
I use the following script:
SIZE 400 200
EXTENT -1000000 195000 365000 7000000
TEMPLATE "path to global.html"
IMAGEPATH "tmp dir"
CONNECTION TYPE OGR
CONNECTION "file name"
COLOR 247 507 219
OUTLINECOLOR 100 100 100
Requesting this map file using mapserver provides me with in complete
maps. In case I user OpenEv I get a complete visualisation.
I've the following questions:
- What type of projection and Extent should I use. using ogrinfo
provides me with:
- extent (5.8333333, 51.833333) - (6.0333333, 51.90000000)
- WGS84 format indiction ( GEOGCS)
- WGS84 , 4326 (AUTHORITY)
Furthermore, some more generic questions
- Can I have multple layers using distinct projections? (Shapefile
stored in a Postgis DB and S57 maps)
- Is there a document to understand the projection type and how to
deal with them? (I've already downloaded lots of info and I use the
- Does the gdal component act differently in OpenEv and Mapserver
causing the differences in the result?
I hope these questions can be answered, otherwise I maybe have to be
thank is advance
More information about the mapserver-users