Ok, this is going to sound like a weird one (Label POSITION Scaling)

Bob Basques bob.basques at CI.STPAUL.MN.US
Wed Dec 28 15:15:28 EST 2005

All,

Why isn't there a way to define how far out the Label POSITION value
should be, what is the value anyway?

Couldn't a label SCALE value work for something like this?  For example,
I' working with a fairly large Symbol and the Labels are drawing over
the top of the symbols.  I'm trying to align one symbol to the upper
right, with left justification, and another at the lower Left with right
justification.  I tried with the OFFSET parameter, but the negative
numbers seems to be giving MapServer heartache.  So I tried it with the
POSTION paramter and while it works as it should, the Labels are still
ending up on top of the Symbols.

With a (pixel) SCALING applied to the POSITION parameter, all would be
well in my own little universe.

I guess this might be an enhancement request.  I did a couple of
searches in Bugzilla and didn't see anything related to this.

Possibly with a way to enter the negative number I can get the OFFSET
parameter to help with placement, as using it along side of POSITION
works fine with positive numbers.  :c)

bobb