Ok, this is going to sound like a weird one (Label POSITION Scaling)

Wed Dec 28 18:08:23 EST 2005

Which layers are problematic? What mapserver version?

>>> Bob Basques <bob.basques at CI.STPAUL.MN.US> 12/28/05 5:01 PM >>>
No special symbols, just circles for points:

The attached image shows what I get for output.

My Mapfile:

MAP
	NAME ORACLE_TEST
	SIZE 600 600
	EXTENT 540000 135000 600000 175000

#	SIZE 800 650
#	EXTENT 593133.398829 170094.734526 593893.148973 170712.010326

	STATUS ON

	DEBUG ON

	##UNITS FEET

	IMAGETYPE PNG
	SYMBOLSET address.symbols

	TRANSPARENT TRUE

  QUERYMAP
    STATUS ON
    STYLE SELECTED
  END

  WEB
	QUERYFORMAT "text/xml"
    IMAGEPATH "/var/www/html/tmp/"
    IMAGEURL "/tmp/"
    TEMPLATE '../../imagemap/monuments_template.html'
  END
LAYER
	NAME "Address2"
	STATUS DEFAULT
	CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
	CONNECTION "OCI:gismo/********@geo"
	DATA "ADDRESS_OGR_VIEW"
	TYPE POINT
	LABELITEM 'HOUSENUMBER'
	CLASS
      		OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
      		LABEL
        		FORCE TRUE
        		COLOR 255 255 0
        		OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
        		SIZE LARGE
        		#WRAP ' '
        		POSITION ur
        		OFFSET 8 8
      		END
        END
	MAXSCALE 16000
END
LAYER
	NAME "Address2"
	STATUS DEFAULT
	CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
	CONNECTION "OCI:gismo/********@geo"
	DATA "ADDRESS_OGR_VIEW"
	TYPE POINT
	LABELITEM 'STATUS'
	CLASS
      		OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
      		LABEL
        		FORCE TRUE
        		COLOR 255 255 0
        		OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
        		SIZE LARGE
        		#WRAP ' '
        		POSITION ll
        		OFFSET 0 0
      		END
        END
	MAXSCALE 16000
END

LAYER
	NAME "Address2"
	STATUS DEFAULT

	# OGR SET

	CONNECTIONTYPE OGR

	CONNECTION "OCI:gismo/*********@geo"

	DATA "ADDRESS_OGR_VIEW"
	TYPE POINT
	CLASSITEM 'TYPE'
    	CLASS
		EXPRESSION /Primary/
		COLOR 0 0 0
      		SIZE 21
      		SYMBOL 'circle'
		OVERLAYCOLOR 0 255 0
      		OVERLAYSIZE 15
      		OVERLAYSYMBOL 'circle'
    	END
    	CLASS
		EXPRESSION /Secondary/
     		COLOR 0 0 0
      		SIZE 35
      		SYMBOL '3point'
      		OVERLAYCOLOR 255 255 0
      		OVERLAYSIZE 19
      		OVERLAYSYMBOL '3point'
    	END
    	CLASS
     		EXPRESSION /Other/
     		COLOR 0 0 0
      		SIZE 35
      		SYMBOL 'star'
      		OVERLAYCOLOR 255 255 0
      		OVERLAYSIZE 19
      		OVERLAYSYMBOL 'star'
    	END
	CLASS
		EXPRESSION /Unofficial-Alias/
		COLOR 0 0 0
		SIZE 21
		SYMBOL 'triangle'
		OVERLAYCOLOR 255 0 0
      		OVERLAYSIZE 12
      		OVERLAYSYMBOL 'triangle'
	END
	CLASS
		EXPRESSION /Landlocked/
		COLOR 0 0 0
		SIZE 21
		SYMBOL 'diamond'
		OVERLAYCOLOR 205 0 0
      		OVERLAYSIZE 12
      		OVERLAYSYMBOL 'diamond'
	END

	HEADER	'/pearl/DB/SAINT_PAUL/PUBLIC_WORKS/ADDRESS/address_header.xml'
	TEMPLATE	'/pearl/DB/SAINT_PAUL/PUBLIC_WORKS/ADDRESS/address_record.xml'
	FOOTER	'/pearl/DB/SAINT_PAUL/PUBLIC_WORKS/ADDRESS/address_footer.xml'
	MAXSCALE 16000
END ##LAYER

END

bobb