United States City\Town\Village Shape Files???

Dylan Keon dbkeon.ml at GMAIL.COM
Wed Dec 28 23:54:29 EST 2005

On 12/28/05, Adam <adam at jamradar.com> wrote:
> I've been looking everywhere and can't find shape files for all the towns in
> the United States.  I have found incorporated cities and county subdivisions
> but that's not quite town\city\village boundaries.
>
> Does this dataset exist for free?

Adam,

There is a nationwide "Cities and Towns" shapefile at geocomm.com.
It's point data (i.e., no boundaries), and I don't know if it includes
*all* the towns in the U.S. (it contains about 29,000 points).
http://data.geocomm.com/catalog/US/group21.html .  For more detailed
data you'll probably have to follow Allan's suggestion and search
state by state.

Dylan