mapserver4.4.1 binary build

Bob Bruce covariance at SHAW.CA
Wed Feb 2 11:11:06 EST 2005

John:
   the "MapServer 4.4 Win32 Compilation and Installation HOWTO" at
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc44/win32_compile-howto.html explains that
you will likely have to fix this in regex.c, after fixing it your code
should look like:

//extern void printchar ();
void printchar( int i ) {}

instead of:

extern void printchar ();

I suggest you open the HOWTO and search for "printchar"

I'm in the middle of trying to sort out problems with the WIN32 build myself
and came across this.

     Bob Bruce

http://hobu.stat.iastate.edu/mapserver/ but it requires sde90.dll.

>I only have sde83.dll so I tried to build the basic mapserver using
mapserver4.4.1.tar.gz with no changes to nmake.opt file to start of with.

>required pre-built gd2.0.33 files in c:\projects\gdwin32\ and regex-0.12
files in c:\projects\regex-0.12\ and mapserver base directory is
c:\projects\mapserver.

>all obj files including regex.obj, mapserver_i.lib, mapserver_i.exp and
mapserver.lib were created but in the linking the following was produced

www.capetown.gov.za/disclaimer/email.pdf.